[Greenbuilding] carbon capture and transformation

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:54:50 CDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM, German Gutierrez <
germanegutierrez39 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Corwyn: you must use renewable or wasted energy to produce the
> methane.
> But, how can we recover in one place the CO2 produced far to recycle it
> again?

I'm with Corwyn. This sounds fishy. CO2 has been around forever. It is not
(cannot be) the limiting ingredient in these equations. Renewables and
'wasted energy' as you call it have also been around forever, though not in
unlimited quantities, but this will almost certainly remain so. Is anyone
currently doing this so we could see what the net energy balance looks
like? Methane is useful, to be sure. But I'm not hearing the specifics that
I would want to hear to grasp how and who and where this is/could be done,
and under what conditions.