[Greenbuilding] heating water with wood stove - heat transfer/efficiency calculations?

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:19:08 CST 2011

Thanks, Gary.
The situation in question involves a stove that might be on two hours per
day. That is the main reason for inquiring--to see if it is reasonable to
assume an adequate amount of heat would be transferred to the water.
As for a coil on the stovepipe--it would be on the outside of the pipe: no
draft implications from that.