[Greenbuilding] heating water with wood stove - heat transfer/efficiency calculations?

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Wed Nov 9 19:01:09 CST 2011

This is really outside my bailiwick but the matter came up in a ski lodge
where I have installed a grey water heat exchanger and, in-season, a fire is
running pretty well all day.

It occurred to me that the best solution was to have a 12m coil of 20mm soft
copper inside an uninsulated flue.

We are looking at doing this in time for the next season.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW