[Greenbuilding] HDD and how they are calculated (daily avg. vs hourly avg)

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:09:39 CST 2011

I guess I was going in a slightly different direction with my question, but
obviously didn't phrase it very well.

HDD calculated based on a simple average of the min and max temperature in
a day is not going to be the same number as the HDD calculated based on,
for instance, an average of 24 hourly readings.

My question is whether any of you know of attempts to quantify the
discrepancy between the two methods for calculating HDD?

Thanks.