[Greenbuilding] cost to run appliance--(no) math help (here)

RT Archilogic at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 21 15:06:01 CST 2011

but to quote something that Corwyn actually wrote (in another thread):

> All this makes me want to go on a campaign to get unit factor analysis
> taught in schools.  Sigh.

Me ? I'd be happy just knowing what "Unit Factor Analysis" (UFA) is. (as
distinct from SFA, which I do know)

Regarding Ben's wife who wants to keep a half gallon of 190 degF hot water
around for the purposes of possible instant dispensation (like when
Spousal Unit is trying to quietly sneak in at 5:30 am after a night of
carousing with the boys perhaps ?)...

In almost every Chinese home, train, boat, wagon etc. the world over, for
about the last century or so up until say, 2008, one could have fully
expected to find at least one (if not more) "instant hot water dispenser"
in the form of a vacuum-insulated flask or jug, minimum capacity of 2
litres, up to pumpkin-sized depending upon the expected demand for a 24
hour period.

Boil the water once, have HOT water available for the rest of the day.
Repeat the next day.

Frugality (and boiling water before drinking it too, for that matter)
amongst Chinese is pretty much inbred as a result of millennias-worth of
necessity.  Present day, not so much. They all want to be like Murricans.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom