[Greenbuilding] flat plat collectors

Joe Killian kaa-ajk at sonic.net
Sun Oct 9 00:06:12 CDT 2011

  Clarke,
    Do a search on Trickledown solar, or Modified Trickledown.
    Very cost effective.  I'm planning on doing one, after some other
must-do items get handled first.   There are a number of examples out
there, starting with Thomason's design in the 60's, I believe still
providing heat for a Vermont building.

A few links:
Thomason's installation:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=7&sqi=2&ved=0CG0QFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ece.vill.edu%2F~nick%2FSolar_Heat.pdf&rct=j&q=Thomason%20trickle%20down%20solar%20heating&ei=FiqRTt2xBu6ksQLZ7PW8AQ&usg=AFQjCNHeJXcYZhnPmujsXYhKRjeTz5DpCg&cad=rja

http://www.builditsolar.com/Experimental/MTD/MTD.htm

http://www.jc-solarhomes.com/trickle_down_solar.htm

Cheers,
Joe