[Greenbuilding] flat plat collectors

Clarke Olsen colsen at fairpoint.net
Mon Oct 10 10:30:03 CDT 2011

I had assumed that the space between the glass and the black surface would be small, not more then 1/4", and that the collectors
would be horizontal, maybe 3' high x 7' long. If the water does not fully cover the black surface, then the optimal efficiency would
not materialize, and there would be little reason to consider this configuration. However, I have seen waterfall applications where
fluid is made to flow smoothly over a broad surface for an even coating of the target surface. One cost saving in this set-up is that
the absorber would not by a conductive material.
Clarke Olsen