[Greenbuilding] ( I vote NO! ) Re: Sending photos through the list

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 26 13:33:48 CDT 2011

I would prefer that this List *not* have the capacity to include image
file attachments with emails.

Given the seeming inability of more than a few listmembers to <snip> out
the redundant/repetitive material from their messages before replying ,
combined with the propensity for multiple send-outs of the same message
occurring more often than one would like (whether due to listmembers' mail
programs, listserver glitches, moon phases etc) ... the spectre of a
mailbox full of multi-megabyte messages from this List is very real and
not something I'd care to be subjected to.

I would prefer to see:

(a) Something along the lines of Yahoogroups where images (or other file
attachments) can be put up at the List website so that members can have
the choice as to whether or not to download. This could be easily
accomplished right now simply by creating a sister list at Yahoogroups (or
similar) for the purpose of file-sharing (something that I already did
years ago "GB-r-Us at yahoogroups.com") and keeping text-only messages on
this List.

                 or

(b) Provide Listmembers with the option to choose whether or not they want
to have file attachments included with their emails (ie perhaps in the
same manner that members currently can select their mode of mail reception
ie individual messages or digest version or "No mail"/read from the
archives

		or
(c) as others have suggested, simply have members provide a link to a
website where images may be viewed.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom