[Greenbuilding] passive house in NY

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 20:50:48 CDT 2011

My buddy who makes windows has pointed out that single glazed windows, even
doubled up pairs of sashes, don't 'fail' the way what we used to call
thermopane windows do. In other words single pane windows can be expected to
last a century with a bit of care and maintenance, whereas a thermopane
window is probably going to fail after 20-30 years. Not all windows are
built to replace that glass very easily, though I'm sure one could work on
the design a bit to make that easier.  Any thoughts?