[Greenbuilding] cars have suspension systems, why don't houses in earthquake zones? Or do some?

Bobbi Chukran bobbi at bobbichukran.com
Thu Sep 1 19:37:51 CDT 2011

One of the current This Old House series showing in Austin now takes
them to CA, working on a vintage Spanish style bungalow there that's
being retrofitted with all the new techniques for preventing
earthquake damage.  I don't know the details, but found it
fascinating to learn about.

<http://charlesandhudson.com/archives/2010/10/
this_old_house_speaks_spanish_colonial_revival_in_los_angeles.htm>

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/0,,20457035,00.html

bobbi c.