[Greenbuilding] Technology for long hot showers

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 12:14:31 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Any one know of a green(er) way to take 20-30 minute showers?

It's not for me btw, so I'm not looking for suggestions like navy showers please.

Here's what I'm thinking:

- A tub plug that can be foot operated.

- Plug is connected to a water recirculating device

- When not stepped on, the water will recirculate

- Press the plug to drain the water, person can step on the plug when they don't want to the water to recirculate.

- Recirculating water is reheated to desired temperature.

~sanjay

PS - this idea is hereby released to public domain, for commercial and non-commercial purposes