[Greenbuilding] epdm vs. tar

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 10 15:54:30 CDT 2011

I use platon (the foundation drainage product) as the root barrier - similar
but not quite the same as the European version designed for roofs (smaller
dimples on this one) - but it is a polyethylene plastic (little better on
the plastic scale of things), readily available in NA at reasonable cost
(compared to anything with green roof stamped on it) and the dimples provide
a moisture reservoir of sorts and will hold soil on small slopes.