[Greenbuilding] Induction cooking

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Wed Sep 28 16:46:46 CDT 2011

On 9/28/2011 12:50 PM, Benjamin Pratt wrote:
> If one is set up for a typical "stove" with a cooktop and oven, and
> wants induction, is one forced to go with an electric oven--not gas?
> Ben

I bought a gas range in order to get a gas cooktop.  I would have gladly
settled for a gas cooktop with an electric oven.  I don't see the
advantage of gas oven.  Among other things, my "gas" oven uses 400 watts
of electricity when it is cooking with gas.  sigh.

I have seen gas cooktop, electric ovens; but never the other way around.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap