[Greenbuilding] completely nuts?

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 6 13:42:35 CDT 2012

On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:16:50 -0400, Vadurro, Rob, EMNRD
<rob.vadurro at state.nm.us> wrote:

> RT, you need to drive the Miata at / after sunset in the summer or fall
> with your honey and you will see the purpose of the vehicle's design.

Hey! I'm not that much of a geezer yet.

I think that I remember what the purpose of convertible automobiles is.

I even have vague memories of a T-shirt that says "Been there, done that"
... acquired back when I was 16 in high school and had a 1956 MGA & a 1967
Olds Cutlass convertibles.

The Olds was able to accommodate five honeys at once ( #1  SteadyHoney up
front, 4 lesserhoneys,friends-of-#1 in the back (this was in the days when
seatbelts were either non-existent or not required by law... don't
remember which) and would lay rubber like crazy.

  #1 SteadyHoney preferred the older 2-seater MGA (which couldn't lay
rubber no matter how hard a 16 yr-old boy would try)  and truth be told,
so did I (when there were no guys around).  Ah, sweet youth.

These days, for after-dinner/sunset rides, I prefer a bicycle and more
sedate starts and stops with speeds well under 20 kms/hr .

and Sacie & Anne wrote:

>> The idea of lots of windows that could be opened ... seems desireable
>> in the ideal...reality is one opens only a few.

> But that reality depends on the person, doesn't it?

I'd say that it depends upon the house & climate more than it does the
person.

If the house has "rooms" and a particular room has only one window, then
I'd say that that one window should be an operable vent even if "the
person" seldom opens it. Good to have a means of escape in the event of a
fire or a farty human or pet.

If the room has lots of glass, then I'd say that having operable vents at
the lowest and highest positions would be a Good Thing, preferably on
opposite ends of the space.  For large expanses of equator-facing glass,
like Clark "lame Paddy O'Furniture jokes" Olsen, I like to use
standard-size patio door glass (of which more sizes than you might think
are available), single panes configured into multi-panes with dry seals at
the edges.

Me ? During the mild days of Spring/Autumn, I like to leave most of the
windows open but for much of the Climate Change Era Summer, when it's 80
degF or hotter out, I keep them closed during the day and open them up at
night.

For the benefit of Clark O'lsen who clearly needs some better "Irish"
jokes:

                  http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=3460185

And may ye all have a Good Friday.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")