[Greenbuilding] completely nuts?

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Tue Apr 10 15:39:52 CDT 2012

I like my windows open too. The kids leave the doors open, so having the
windows open just adds ventilation. I generally turn the furnace off, and
let the inside/outside air temps do what they do. It's simpler to be in
touch with what's happening with the kids and the neighborhood when there is
airflow and communication. We have a set of large trees and they keep the
rain/snow/hail off and help with cooling in the summer.

My Gran has a normal sized house with walls that are built as storage walls
that can slide around on the inside of the house. The wiring is done with an
early form of conduit, the frame is largely post and beam, and the idea was
that the shape of the interior rooms can change with the needs of their
family. It's worked over the last 50 years or so, although I'm willing to
admit that the rooms haven't changed their dimensions much in the last 20 or
so years.

Cheers,
Erin R.
erin at trmiles.com