[Greenbuilding] Chest type Freezer efficiency

Kathy Cochran kathys_old_house at goldrush.com
Wed Aug 1 10:53:04 CDT 2012

I wonder if it would work for making wine, as well? (As in CELLAR
TEMPERATURE?)  A most interesting thought worth considering.

I have always known that the chest freezers were more efficient, however,
please remember that when people get older and their backs start to fail
(and perhaps their memories, as well!) that the stuff at the bottom just
SITS there.  And accumulates freezer burn, which winds up being thrown out,
eventually.  I am ALL in favor of more efficiency, but it is the TOTAL
picture to look at...if I can SEE IT, if I can GET TO IT, I am going to USE
IT!  If I CAN'T, then I WON'T.  Consequently, I bought an upright freezer.
The reduced space it uses was also an added benefit, for me, as well.

Cheers,

Kathy

San Andreas, CALIFORNIA