[Greenbuilding] Old Nuclear Power Plants? RE: Give Me Your Old, Your Tired, Your Stinky and Energy Inefficient...

Paul Eldridge paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 12 18:11:27 CDT 2012

Perhaps, but I'd rather not have to check my BlackBerry ten or twenty
times a day to determine the precise time to start my dishwasher or to
throw a load of laundry into the washer, only to spend the rest of the
evening second-guessing my decision or cursing my fate if I should
choose poorly.  With a clock-based system, I know exactly when to
schedule my high consumption activities and my appliances already have a
time delay feature that facilitates this quite well.

In addition, the billing is much easier to comprehend; when I get my
statement, it shows that X number of kWh were consumed on-peak, Y during
mid-peak and Z off-peak; residential billing based on real-time pricing
would seem much more unwieldy, especially if it should involve any
number of potential price points and time slices.  Simple is better.

Cheers,
Paul