[Greenbuilding] ok - why do houses have to have stay the same temp inside?

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Sat Aug 18 13:37:09 CDT 2012

Hi all,

So, I was following the passive house thread... and it had me wondering
something. Why do we engineer houses to maintain a consistent internal
temperature?  Consistent temperatures are nice, but they are just one of the
many things a house is for, and may not really be the main function of many
buildings.    Would it be a better use of technology, to focus on the
aspects of the home that are important to the people living inside it?

ok - now the sharp tongues on the list can get around to making fun of me.
:-)

Erin Rasmussen

TR Miles Technical Consultants Inc.   http://www.trmiles.com/

and BioEnergy Discussion Lists   http://www.bioenergylists.org/