[Greenbuilding] ok - why do houses have to have stay the same temp inside?

christian corson chris at ecocor.us
Sat Aug 18 14:06:22 CDT 2012

Erin

Maintaining a constant internal temp, in the truest sense of the concept is
quite impossible, as no environment whether internal or external is static.
The quest for engineered homeostasis in the built environment is not a PH
paradigm but more a construct of sensible design ( and our own ego's,
and susceptibility to a media driven expectation of a particular standard
of living), seeking to maintain balance between our perception of our
environment the the environment itself  ie. comfort. Comfort is a state of
mental and physical well being. We are
constantly unconsciously communicating with our environment. As exothermic
creatures the more static the internal temperature the more comfortable we
will feel. A good envelope that is drought free and air tight is one way to
eliminate atmospheric thermoclines that are created by differing pressures
, temps, etc. not to mention controlling RH.
Other comfort considerations in addition to thermal comfort might be,
auditory comfort, visual comfort, Heath or a high level of IAQ, etc.
This all depends of course on what ones idea of what a house is for, I
guess.
Shelter?
To live in? To work in?
Raise family's?