[Greenbuilding] ... device to purify human waste, make compost and generate electricity

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Sat Aug 18 20:12:56 CDT 2012

On 8/18/2012 2:32 PM, Erin Rasmussen wrote:
> It didn't get a lot of attention, but I liked the Stanford/ Sanegergy
> toilet that took an improved outhouse approach and then used a small
> propane burner to turn the waste into charcoal that you could use to
> filter out any toxins, or mix with regular animal compost to fertilizer
> your fields. You can also cook with the charcoal, and the charcoal
> doesn't smell.

So you are going to use propane to make charcoal, for people who cook
with charcoal?  Why would they do that if they had propane?  And where
are they getting the propane?  How much propane is needed per person?
How much does it cost?

You can fertilize your fields with human wastes that have done nothing
more than compost for a couple of years.  What is so hard about this?

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap