[Greenbuilding] Passive House, WAS why do houses have to have stay the same tempinside?

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Sun Aug 19 06:28:23 CDT 2012

I love Passive House but the one big issue I have with it is that you
are putting all your eggs in one basket. Once you do an air pressure
test and try to find the leaks you realize how a simple tiny hole
drastically changes the pressure of the building. Yet all the
calculations - heating, insulation, cooling etc - are based on there
not being any holes. This means that some time in the future WHEN the
building gets a hole (because it will) all of a sudden your heating
and cooling systems are completely inadequate. And good luck finding
that hole.

So then what do you do?

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.