[Greenbuilding] ok - why do houses have to have stay the same temp inside?

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Sun Aug 19 14:08:09 CDT 2012

On 8/19/2012 1:39 PM, Steve Satow wrote:

> On 2012-08-19, at 9:18 AM, Corwyn wrote:
>
>> On 8/18/2012 9:27 PM, Steve Satow wrote:
>>> Termites can maintain a temperature differential of less than 2 degrees in absolutely every
>>> condition that they are exposed to using only mud and ventilation. Funny how supposed
>>> intelligent humans can't come anywhere near this level of sophistication with all our
>>> 'science' and technology!
>>
>> 1) I could do that too, if I had a hundred thousand slaves.
>
> Actually, I very much doubt it, Corwyn… with or without the slaves.

I am happy to prove it, all you need to do is provide the slaves.

>> 2) Termites DIE in my environment.
>
> Boy, you just LOVE missing the point!

You made the bold assertion that Termites did a better job than Humans
at regulating the temperature of their living quarters.  My point is
that they COMPLETELY FAIL in my climate, and I succeed.  This is called
a refutation.

>> 3) Humans most certainly CAN come near that level of sophistication. There are boson detectors which are kept at a billionth of a degree of above absolute zero, in order to detect a change of a billionth of a degree, indicating a detection.  Let's see termites do that!
>
> But do they do it with mud and ventilation?  Hmmm… I suspect not!

True*, but missing your point.  You said Humans were not able to match
Termites "WITH ALL OUR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY".  Not only can we match
it, but we can exceed it by a NINE orders of magnitude. So your point is
refuted.

* - Actually since they do it by burying it in a mountain, and
evacuating the air, one might say that they DO do it with mud and
ventilation, but I am sure that would be taken as missing the point.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap