[Greenbuilding] second floor wood floor over insulation layer - questions

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:45:49 CST 2012

I'm going to be remodeling a two-storey house where 1/2 of the upstairs
will become a ~ 600 sq ft apartment. To that end I'm planning to add a
layer of something  to the floor (in between the existing decking and
future finished floor) for both sound and thermal insulation. All that is
there now is 2x6 T&G Hemlock decking. I want to install an oak floor above
the insulation but have not done this before and am curious to hear your
suggestions.

The only thing I've come up with so far is rigid foam with T&G plywood on
top screwed through the insulation?

Thanks very much.