[Greenbuilding] Green Funerals

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 1 13:12:18 CST 2012

So, since the List is so quiet and since off-topic topics with which
everyone is intimate (ie in the past - drying laundry, choices for
toilets, battery chargers) seems to encourage contributions from people
who would otherwise not likely post a message, I wonder if listmembers
would care to talk about funerals ... something that is fresh on my mind
and something that it seems many friends and acquaintances have also had
to deal with in recent weeks and no doubt, something that all of us will
have to deal with at some point in the future.

ie I'm curious as to the attraction that cremation seems to hold for
many,  an option which has claims of "Green" being associated with it (an
opinion with which I disagree).

ie The "Green" UK practise of "upright" burials, ostensibly with an eye to
conserving space.
I have visions of the effects of frost heave creating horrific scenes
every Spring if this practise were carried out in most Canadian locales.

ie cardboard coffins ? N-n-n-nyeh. Rented coffins ? Mmmnhh.
  ... and so on.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")