[Greenbuilding] Green Funerals

John O'Brien john at boardom.ca
Wed Feb 1 13:19:05 CST 2012

>> So, since the List is so quiet and since off-topic topics with which
>> everyone is intimate (ie in the past - drying laundry, choices for toilets,
>> battery chargers) seems to encourage contributions from people who would
>> otherwise not likely post a message, I wonder if listmembers would care to
>> talk about funerals ... something that is fresh on my mind and something
>> that it seems many friends and acquaintances have also had to deal with in
>> recent weeks and no doubt, something that all of us will have to deal with
>> at some point in the future.

Read an interesting article recently, which I conveniently can't find,
about linking cemetaries with land trusts. In effect, being buried out
in a forest/path, in a non-embalmed state, to decompose naturally.
Seems like the way to go to me.

Being buried in the normal sense, I'd always worry about coming back
as a ghost and having some ghost hunters having to salt n burn my
bones. That's just creepy.