[Greenbuilding] clay wall for pool

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Thu Feb 2 10:01:55 CST 2012

Hello,
I am building a natural pool and looking for a good sealing option. The
existing pool has very feeble concrete walls that are strong enough to keep
the shape but not strong enough to hold the water in. Under pressure and
time they will crack. Some options I see are:
1. a liner like epdm
2. stucco the walls and paint with pool paint
3. clay blanket
4. making a clay stucco mix?
5. spraying clay on the wall then spraying a stucco?

Part of the pool is going to have a deep layer of gravel and plants so
removing that to find a crack or leak is going to be near impossible.
Something that "self heals" like clay is attractive to me.....but it has to
work on vertical walls. The floor is easy.

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.
Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
www.EcoBrooklyn.com