[Greenbuilding] Kitty litter (was Re: clay wall for pool)

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Thu Feb 2 15:29:27 CST 2012

>  So I'm wondering "Why not just use sawdust or woodchips for kitty litter
instead of buying processed wood pellets for the task ?"

There are a million examples of companies creating markets for their
products when better natural alternatives exist.

One of the worst examples is companies convincing mothers that formula milk
is better than breast milk.

Maybe that is why we have cat litter?

Although some cat litter clumps together in a really great way so you just
take out the clump and leave behind clean litter. Saw dust doesn't do that.
The liquid continues spreading through the saw dust.

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.
Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
www.EcoBrooklyn.com