[Greenbuilding] New approaches to Septic?

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 15:27:09 CST 2012

Have a look at:

http://ecological-engineering.com/onsite.html

________________________________
 From: "bill.allen at verizon.net" <bill.allen at verizon.net>
To: Greenbuilding at bioenergylists.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:13 PM
Subject: [Greenbuilding] New approaches to Septic?

Hi All,

I am currently in the design stage of a remote vacation/retirement home.  It will be Leed platinum, passive house, net zero, etc.  What seems to have changed very little over time is how to approach the septic system.  Between the house and a separate garage apartment, I could have up 5 or 6 bedrooms I need to address.

Are there any new approaches to dealing with septic?  All I have been able to find are the traditional tank and leach field or individual composting toilets.

The house will be in NE PA for code compliance. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Greenbuilding at bioenergylists.org