[Greenbuilding] wood shed

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 10:20:05 CST 2012

thanks Corwyn,  We started our year with six cords.  This year I am keeping
good count on what we burn, but in even the coldest year (which this is
not) I am pretty sure two cords will do us for the year.  Short of burning
good wood in the open we can't stop stockpiling because we are regularly
and constantly cleaning up our large wood acreage, all hardwood.  Moreover
a year and a half ago we brought in the big guns to do some wholesale
clearing and while much of that has been burned, we are able to cut out
many cords from the huge piles after the mass has burned.  Much of this has
been and will continue to be given away.

I burn wood that has been drying for at least two years.  Drying is no
problem here in Kansas, even with wood uncovered.  But once covered, it
almost never deteriorates.  Hence our desire to build a woodshed.  Bottom
line, we're doing good and at the same time love the work we're doing.

Sacie

*