[Greenbuilding] wood shed

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:02:44 CST 2012

That round stack idea is beautiful and one I tried a few years ago; it is
not easy to accomplish, ie hard to stack and hold.  Our traditional system
of a long double row 10' or so long 5'-6' high works well and is easy to
stack.  Our ideal length is @16" too, but it varies.

We have a good system for bringing what we need indoors as well.  What I
need is a good wood shed plan.  The idea is that all the wood in that shed
will be covered on top with continuous tin.  The sides will be open.  We
simply stack our wood on pieces of Hedge on the ground; this species lasts
forever and keeps more vulnerable wood off the ground.  Now for a good shed
covering most of these stacks.  (We keep the oldest wood in a 2 nicely
built permanent covered stacks near the house; it is from these we fill our
stove, a continuously rotating deal through the winter; works well for me.)