[Greenbuilding] Floating Floor over slab on grade

Dan Johnson dan at arkintilt.com
Tue Feb 14 12:20:45 CST 2012

I'm also intereseted---for a retrofit context, where the slab is already poured and has no insulation. I want to put down vapor barrier, then 4" rigid over the slab, then two layers 1/2" plywood perpendicular to each other, screwed together, then finish flooring.

Also interesting that a common German low-energy design features an uninsulated slab-on-grade, then a ±10" TJI floor with cellulose insulation sitting directly on the slab, then a wood finish floor.  --Dan