[Greenbuilding] [BULK] Re: Fwd: Question on tight house, carbon monoxide

Bob klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Sat Feb 18 00:47:14 CST 2012

On the couple of gas stoves I've had (that I can recall) the control and
adjustment seemed to vary a bit.  None seemed to have been designed with
adjustment - or ease thereof - in mind.  Good luck.

I believe the 100 ppm is an artifact of an old industrial  guideline.
Totally wrong for a residential exposure.  The real problem is,
obviously, that g as ranges are not commonly vented.

Rick Karg, in Maine, worked up more reasonable (testing) standards for
residential gas ranges, a couple of decades ago.  I believe his work is
still avialable on the web, if you search.  A good CO detector/monitor
would be a good thing to have on hand while you experiment, imho. They
have gotten  relatively cheaper lately.  An alternative to might be one
of the "CO Experts" detectors (about $200, a great bargain -imho- and as
sensitive as my trusty Bachrach Monoxer).

Take care (in a general and literal sense, with this project).
Bob Klahn.