[Greenbuilding] [BULK] Re: [BULK] Re: Fwd: Question on tight house, carbon monoxide

Bob klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Sat Feb 18 12:06:38 CST 2012

On 2/18/2012 12:42 PM, KTOT (g) wrote:
> I’ve gotten Kidde digital CO alarms recently from amazon.com for $22
> though they’re showing about $30 now. Either way, they’re affordable
> enough that everyone should have multiples in their homes. These are
> the digital ones, that read out numbers, so you can catch rising CO
> (if you check the display) long before CO reaches the point of any
> alarms going off.
You might want to Google "CO Experts".  The principal is a maverick CO
engineer.  He has designed a CO detector which puts the rest to shame;
it registers down to 2 ppm, will alert at much lower concentrations, and
stores the time since and concentration of  last "significant CO"! True,
it's about $200, but cheap 'real' insurance, imho.  Any CO detector will
typically give you  about 15 min advance warning in a house fire, over
smoke detectors.  I have one, and several of the over-the-counter
detectors. ( The CO Experts unit is about as sensitive as my testing CO
detector.)

Bob Kllahn