[Greenbuilding] [BULK] Re: Question on tight house, carbon monoxide

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Sat Feb 18 16:21:33 CST 2012

You can make an inexpensive prototype with tin flashing (like roof flashing)
it will not stand up to heavy use, but it's easy to shape with tin snips and
adjust to the right size.  Getting the adjustments of the skirt, the right
spacing between the stove and the pot and the skirt is very important and it
may take a couple of tries.  (The wok supports have round holes, you may
tinker with it and discover whether you need them).  You may also need some
form of additional support under your larger pots, which is another thing to
consider if you are building something. Once you know what you need, use
that for a while, or have a local metalworker build it in steel (no
galvanized).  Stainless is prettier, more durable and more expensive.

OR you may decide that those wok rings are cheap after all. I'd skip amazon
and check any Asian markets in your area.

Cheers,

Erin