[Greenbuilding] Thermal Mass in a Hot Humid Climate

Dan Barry mr.danbarry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 11:12:07 CST 2012

I will have to remove my fully enclosed sewer brick* chimney and fireplace
soon as we renovate. Can anyone point me to URL or links that discuss
adding thermal mass.
The house is 1960 stickframe construction and has about 800 of its 1500
square feet as Mexican low fire red tile or other ceramic types. It does
maintain some thermal inertia but I will be removing the fireplace
completely( central Texans can't really look forward to having timber to
burn anytime soon) .

I have considered all manner of Trombe, waterwall and ceiling mounted phase
change materials.  I enjoyed the thermal mass when I lived in Germany and
don't mind masonry walls.

--
Dan Barry
just like a regular USA brick but made of cement, Cheap and pretty stable