[Greenbuilding] Speaking of Clay + Sawdust mixes...

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 22 10:16:48 CST 2012

Recent memory (which isn't all that long anymore for me) recalls that we
were talking about a clay + sawdust mix sample that Beel had made and sent
to me some time ago.

There was a tidbit in today's Globe & Mail about another application for
Beel's mud recipe.

In this one, it is used to make a simple clay pot that "cleans drinking
water of the contaminants that cause diarrheal disease, a leading cause of
pediatric death in Third World countries."

	http://goo.gl/vsz3Z

and a link with a bit more of a description:

	http://goo.gl/Hq1OK

Upon cursory examination, it appears that these low-tech/no-tech clay pots
accomplish something akin to the  ceramic filter in my under-counter
drinking water filtration arrangement.

http://www.rainfresh.ca/ceramic_filter_cartridges.php

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")