[Greenbuilding] 100 miles builds

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Mon Feb 27 08:48:56 CST 2012

Yes, Benson's Open Built concepts are a large part of what I was
referring to, along with shearing layers, which are an earlier idea
that he expanded upon.

David Bergman

At 12:49 AM 2/27/2012, Chris Koehn wrote:
>Fellow timber framer Ted Benson's company Bensonwood Homes has done
>lots of work developing their "open built" wall system. The idea is
>to anticipate refit of various components over the life span of the
>building and make the work easy.
><http://bensonwood.com/innovation/openbuilt.cfm>
>I've often thought attaching exterior wall systems (such as SIPs) to
>timber frames with structural screws allows for relatively easy
>disassembly. Timber frame's ability to allow reconfiguring of
>interior spaces without affecting structure allows refit naturally as well.
>
>Chris Koehn
>TimberGuides
>Van Isle

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291

author - Sustainable Design: A Critical Guide
adjunct faculty - Parsons The New School for Design