[Greenbuilding] chandelier bulb recommendation?

Paul Eldridge paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 4 15:23:04 CST 2012

Hi Lynelle,

I have roughly forty of these 3-watt BA11 lamps in our home (clear, not
frosted), many of which are fitted with E26 adaptors that allow them to
be used in a standard Edison-screw socket.  Light quality is very good
(a CRI of 90) and unquestionably incandescent-like, albeit a little too
"pinkish" for my tastes.  I should note that Philips LED lamps are
compatible with most reverse-phase or trailing-edge dimmers, but not
forward-phase/leading-edge; thus, you may need to swap-out your dimmer
if it happens to be one of the latter.

I have twelve of these lamps in our dinning room chandelier and two more
in the side board fixtures.

See:
http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/HereinHalifax/PhilipsBA11LEDLamps.jpg

Including the four Philips 7-watt PAR20 LEDs in the recessed fixtures,
the combined load in this room is just 70-watts.

I even use this BA11 lamp inside our refrigerator.

See: http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/HereinHalifax/PeakBeer.jpg

Cheers,
Paul