[Greenbuilding] Battery charger--works on standard Alkaline

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:18:04 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Sacie Lambertson <
sacie.lambertson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good source now for chargeable batteries?

NiMH AA all the way. Nothing else holds a candle in terms of the price
performance ratio in my opinion. Sanyo Eneloop - a set of 4 for ~$12 on
ebay, for instance. They are amazing.

I've tried Energizer 2500 mAh AA; then I tried Sony's 2500 mAh AA, now
switched to Eneloop 2nd generation 1900mAh AA.
They're all good. The one thing I'd say about the first two in the list
above (haven't had the Sanyos long enough to say) is that the ability to
recharge them is not what the manufacturers claim. I find that I can
recharge them more like 20-30 times before some of them stop holding a
charge. Still a bargain compared to Alkalines, but if I'd known that before
I started I might not have been so disappointed and kept looking for
something 'better.' I haven't had the Eneloops very long, but so far am
amazed, pleased, delighted.