[Greenbuilding] Battery charger--works on standard Alkaline

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Thu Jan 5 13:49:18 CST 2012

I was wondering too.  Wikipedia says – “Attempting to recharge non-rechargeable batteries with unsuitable equipment may cause battery explosion.” and in the article on alkaline batteries says --
Recharging of alkaline batteries
Main article: Recharging alkaline batteries
Some alkaline batteries are designed to be recharged (see rechargeable alkaline battery), but most are not. Attempts to recharge may cause rupture, or the leaking of hazardous liquids which will corrode the equipment.

So I’ll be interested in a first person account from someone on this group before I buy.

Bob Waldrop, OKC