[Greenbuilding] Battery charger--works on standard Alkaline

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:42:25 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Matt Dirksen <dirksengreen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just got one and it clearly states on the box that it will charge
> regular (disposable) alkaline batteries up to 20 times.
>
> Worth 10 bucks to find out....

Matt,
now that you have one, I think the challenge will be to find out about the
following observations from candlepowerforums:

*You will have a lot of leaky batteries. The special batteries have extra
chemicals to reduce the reaction that causes alkaline batteries to leak.
Those batteries will still leak after 3 years or so.

Alkaline batteries do not fully recharge.
I get 10 days (2*90 minutes) on my Walkman on fresh Pure Energy batteries.
After 1st charge 9 days. After 2nd charge 8 days. ... by the time I reach <
5 days I toss them and start a new set of batteries.

NiMH batteries will recharge to 100%.  *