[Greenbuilding] FW: ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:09:55 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Carmine Vasile <gfx-ch at msn.com> wrote:

>  Reuben: Perhaps you can invent a cantilevered clothes line for use in
> apartment houses & college dorms.

Wooden folding racks for drying clothes are easily found or made. We don't
use a clothes line in the traditional sense but use a folding rack.

> Also, what if you have a cross-dresser next door; would you like your
> grandchildren to see their undies hanging on the clothes line?

All cultures for very nearly all of human history have hung their laundry
out (or in) to dry. Academics have even studied the patterns of hanging
laundry to learn how people handle just your concern - concealing the
undies by strategic placement on the racks... If this is what's keeping us
from overheating the planet we're in luck.