[Greenbuilding] ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Bob Waldrop bob at bobwaldrop.net
Sat Jul 21 21:14:24 CDT 2012

I've been hanging clothes outside for years.  When people come to see my
house, as I go out the back door with them I say something like -- "And
now I'd like to show you my really cool solar clothes dryer, and I stand
in front of my clothes line hold up my hands and say something
intelligent like "VOILA!"  People are always initially disappointed and
then they laugh.

We also have a passive solar space facing south and in the winter when I
want the humidity in the house that's where I hang my clothes.

I prefer air dried clothes.

And I agree that efficiency while a nice thing is not the answer.

Bob Waldrop, OKC