[Greenbuilding] ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Sun Jul 22 21:39:00 CDT 2012

Ben >  I think the best we can do is slow it down.
I agree that is an excellent start! I especially like Bill McKibben in
his book Eaarth when he says we as a society need to "learn how to age
gracefully" and let go of our hot rod teenager lifestyle that is so
wasteful (since he says the lifestyle will soon be wrenched from our
hands anyway whether we like it or not). I like that image of aging
gracefully.

On the topic of clothes lines and Passive House here is a comment that
is hilarious. It is made on a forum discussing a recent Passive House
job here in Brooklyn. The people posting are arguing over clothes
drying vs. machine in relation to Passive house. Then somebody writes
this!! I fell off my seat laughing!

"I live in a passive-aggressive house. It has a clothesline, but you
know, if you don't want to use it, that's fine -- FINE, I said. I'll
just put your wet clohtes in this pile where they can get nice and
moldy."

http://www.brownstoner.com/blog/2012/07/23-park-place-is-officially-a-passive-house/?stream=true#

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.