[Greenbuilding] ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Steven Tjiang steve at tjiang.org
Mon Jul 23 09:59:07 CDT 2012

My message to corwyn should have read "I am really sorry I don't live up to
your standard" :-)

Pontificating on personal moral superiority and then expecting others to
follow hasn't worked so far; probably never will in a democratic society.
 So we need to do something else if the situation is so dire.

My household of 4 uses 4000 kwh annually net for all household needs except
for transport (still working on that one).  I guess I am still evil because
I dry my clothes in an electric dryer in addition to line drying.  I don't
expect others to follow my example but I am in full support of higher
energy prices and more efficiency because that will actually make a
difference.

P.S. I don't want to get into an argument about net metering :-)