[Greenbuilding] Insulated garage doors

Bob klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Thu Jul 26 21:33:12 CDT 2012

Paul,
I'm not aware of the existence of such a thing.  But I said that of
pull-down attic ladders - until I saw a remarkable Swedish metal unit
that sealed tight as a bank vault.
The cost, however,t was enough to make most homeowners blanch.

I suspect any garage door capable of sealing properly would echo that
sticker-shock.
A less expensive option would be to construct a sealed, insulated,
seasonal inner door/barrier, and to accept the limitations of the prime
garage door.  Done properly, you should onlylose a small portion of
floor space.

I hope this helps.

Bob Klahn