[Greenbuilding] ENERGY STAR Clothes Dryers Program Launch

Paul Eldridge paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 27 19:00:14 CDT 2012

Hi Grace.

I wasn't upset or offended by your comments and I apologize if I left
you with that impression.  My issue is with the way modern day
appliances are portrayed as the eighth deadly sin or, more correctly,
one of the original seven.  It would seem to earn one's green
credentials you have to forego tumble drying and toss away your iron.
Check, got that.  What else?  My electric kettle?  And should I be
stocking up on corn cobs and Sears catalogues?

Cheers,
Paul

>On 2012/07/24 19:05 PM, John Salmen wrote:
>
>>/  This has been a funny conversation. I am surprised at the defensiveness in
/>>/  the reactions.
/>
>Likewise!
>
>On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Paul Eldridge
><paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca  <http://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/greenbuilding_lists.bioenergylists.org>> wrote:
>
>>/  So, you'll have to forgive me if I sound a little testy about having
/>>/  to defend the use of our dryer, but I feel that I've more than
/>>/  carried my weight.
/>