[Greenbuilding] Re-fridgeration

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Sun Jul 29 16:09:38 CDT 2012

On 7/22/2012 4:43 PM, Clarke Olsen wrote:
> The culprit may be frost free. This involves heaters to melt frost
> inside the fridge.
> And, they have gotten bigger.
> And the freezer section is colder. And bigger.
> And don't get me started on the ice makers.

And this is where Energy Star is a bit culpable.  Since refrigerators
are rated *compared to similar units*, you can buy one which is 'most
efficient' and still use more energy than you previous one.  Also, it
can be used as a rationalization for buying a bigger, fancier one.  It
would interesting to see how

--
Topher Belknap
Green Fret Consulting