[Greenbuilding] another comment on ticks

dboyt dboyt at netins.net
Sun Jul 29 17:06:16 CDT 2012

The potted plants are inside except for two on the front porch and I can
keep them watered well enough.  But thank you!  That is a good idea.  I save
a little dishwashing water and use that for them.

Thank you again, Crystal.  I intended never to tell anyone else about that.
Things have been very close to the surface lately.  Friday I went to a
second-hand store for glass pie pans and there was someone I went to school
with.  We started talking about school days and I told him something that
happened to me-a really mean kid was always threatening to kill my brother
if I didn't walk with my head down, if I didn't tell the teacher something,
etc. etc.  Another guy who was in on the conversation but didn't go to
school when I did said, "I know him!  He did the same thing to my kids!"  As
it turns out, I guess he threatened lots of kids, and he was taught to do
that because his dad was growing marijuana and wanted to present the whole
family as being very tough and dangerous.  That gave them a feeling of
security, I guess.  Anyway, the mean guy was in a drunk driving accident
several years ago, and his son is still in prison for vehicular homicide
because he was driving.  Before that, his wife (also mean) died of leukemia,
and before that their daughter was shot in the face and killed by her
boyfriend.  She was all of 14 years old!!  Thinking about this guy has just
really brouht up a lot of bad feelings about other people who have done
horrible things to me.  I don't know why, because none of those events are
related.

I have to go.  Can't think at the moment.  Kiss the kiddies for me.

Love, Becky

  _____