[Greenbuilding] Pedaling vs. PV power

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:49:40 CDT 2012

All nifty stuff, Frank. hanks for describing your miserly fridge + freezer
combo. 230 kWh/yr for both is indeed impressive. My fridge was as low as
100kWh/yr in Berkeley; now more like 150 kWh/yr, and the freezer, closer to
180kWh/yr. I hope to drop the fridge below 100kWh again before I would even
consider powering it with a pedal generator. I've long hoped to find a way
to design something that would work (pedal generator + optimized
refrigerator) that would manage on ~1.6hrs of pedaling per day, but I'm a
long way from that. Still need to do some work before I can home in on that
goal. And besides I'm really not sure (as Corwyn already more or less
suggested) that I am up for, or would end up wanting to prioritize my
energy budget that way.